Little Libraries

 

Have a seat next to a Little Library!

Have you seen a Little Library in your neighborhood? 

Do you even know what they are?

Little Libraries are one of the coolest (and fun) trends for those of us who can’t resist another good book. And, to pass on our love of reading to others. We all have books we'd love to share with others--or we don't have the space to keep. Here's your chance to pass them on to others. 

They come in many shapes and sizes as shown here. I love the creative touches their owners have done to make the experience fun.

A Little Library with its own bird house!
A little library surrounded by a small garden.

And did you know the trend has expanded worldwide?

The Little Free Library is a “take a book, share a book” free book exchange. 

These libraries function on the honor system. If you take a book or two from a little library, try to bring some to share to that same library, or another in your area, when you can. Anyone may take a book. Or bring a book to share…talk about free advertising for authors! (I’m going to try it…I’ll keep you posted.)

Are you interested in creating your own Little Library? Check out the website for more information: https://littlefreelibrary.org/

There you will find mobile app that shows where Little Libraries are near you. Are you interested in starting one of your own? There are instructions for doing so there as well.

I wish I could say I have one of my own, but living on the cusp of nowhere has its disadvantages. :-(

Please leave a comment below or email me at jbooks@jennieatkins.com. Do you have a Little Library near you? What has been your experience? Are you an author who has used it for free advertising? I'd love to hear from you all!  

Happy Reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment