Love is in the Air

 


Love is in the air on Victory Island . . .

So where is Victory Island you ask? When I first began planning Moonlight Cowboy, I knew its setting even before I’d determined the plot—a fictitious place called Victory Island in the middle of Lake Erie.

For most of my life, I lived less than a mile from the Lake Erie shoreline. I spent hours on its beaches as a kid digging in the sand. I visited the lighthouse in Fairport Harbor and Marblehead Lighthouse State Park, which is the oldest continuously operating lighthouse on the Great Lakes. When I was younger, I rode every roller coaster at Cedar Point Amusement Park getting a prenominal view of the lake from the top of each hill. I enjoyed the islands (Kelley and South Bass) with friends. And took long bike rides on the trails of Presque Isle State Park, a peninsula jutting out into the lake north of Erie, PA. I guess you could say the history, nostalgia, and heritage of the Great Lakes are in my blood.

Victory Island is a combination of those places and a culmination of my many heartfelt memories of digging my toes into the sand, learning the history of the lake, and just enjoying all the lakes offered. 

But it’s more than that. It’s a place where hearts mend, where cherished memories are created, and island adventures are even more magical when shared with the one you love.

Moonlight Cowboy is the first in the Victory Island series, and soon to be released. Stay tuned!

2 comments: