This story, though not funny at the time, is funny now, so I thought I’d share it.When my oldest son took I nap, I usually did too. At the time, I was halfway through my third pregnancy and was eager for any chance I had to catch some shut-eye.
This particular day, I didn’t feel very tired so I put several eggs on to boil and decided to put my son down for his afternoon nap. He wanted me to lay down with him and I did, still truly believing I was not tired.Yep, you guessed it. I fell sound asleep only to awaken to a horrible smell.
I have to interject here that I laid him down in my bed which was upstairs at the front of the house. Our kitchen was located downstairs at the back of the house. The stench had to travel through the living room, up the steps, and to the opposite end of the house before reaching me.It took me only about one-half of one second to realize my mistake. I dashed down the steps—dashed being a misnomer as I was carrying twins and was already the size of a pregnant friend who was due any day.
What I found made my heart sink. Not only had the water boiled out of the pan. But the eggs had literally exploded. Not only did my kitchen smell like sulfur, but also bits and pieces of eggs and their shells covered the walls and ceiling. It took me all afternoon to scrub the kitchen. Thankfully, it was only that considering the house could have caught fire.About a week later, while visiting my in-laws, my mother in law asked how long I cook my eggs. My husband’s reply was, “Don’t ask.”
Now it’s your turn to make me feel good and tell me about one of your cooking disasters!