Life Began in a Garden


Happy first day of Spring!  It’s the time of year when all around us plant life is waking up from its winter slumber and putting out new growth.  It’s a time of fresh starts and new ideas. 
And not just in your garden, but here at my blog as well.   

I’ve changed around the content and schedule of what you see here at JennieKAtkins.blogspot.com to spotlight my passion for gardening.
Passion?  Some of my friends would go so far as to call it an obsession.  I guess I would have to agree. For me, there is no place as alive as in the center of a garden where colors from the pale yellow of Coreopsis to the deep purple of Lilac blooms sparkle in the sunlight. Or the smells that you inhale are as delicate as the scent of roses, as musky as the smell of damp loam, or as spicy as the fragrance of Monarda. 

It's really no wonder that God chose to walk with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden or that Jesus chose the Garden of Gethsemane to pray.
As a result, I decided to update my blog and website to include helpful information for the beginning gardener. I am keeping with my blog’s roots by continuing a weekly post called A Little Bit of Everything on Fridays, but Monday and Thursday will be devoted to my passion for gardening called Life Began in a Garden.

Starting Monday I'll talk about the things you need to consider when wanting to start a garden. 

I don’t claim to know everything there is about gardening, but I love to share what I have learned.  Hopefully, it will help beginning gardeners avoid the mistakes I've already made and teach little known facts to those that have been gardening for years.
I hope you enjoy how my blog is growing, and if you have any questions on gardening you can email them to Jennie_K_Atkins@yahoo.com. I’ll do my best to answer them.

Your turn: Do you garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment