My New Year's Resolution


I don't necessarily believe in New Year’s Resolutions.  I often feel they are more defeating than helpful. Most people want to lose huge amounts of weight or pay off debts they've been accumulating for years. Their expectations are unrealistic at best.
 
I believe in setting a theme or general direction for the year ahead. I know people who choose a word to describe their desired focus for the year ahead, which is very similar. If I put my theme into one word, it would be “growth”.  In what way can I improve myself in all aspects of my life, spiritually, physically, and mentally?


Your turn:  How do you look at the year ahead?  Do you make resolutions or set a theme for the year?

1 comment:

  1. Now why am I not surprised that my friend with the green thumb has chosen "grow" as her theme for 2014?
    :O)

    ReplyDelete