Snow in the Mountains



Yesterday we had a winter storm blow in, dumping several inches of snow in the valley and upwards of a foot or more in the mountains. Winter snows in a high-plain desert region are looked on as a hope for the future.  A promise that water will fill the underground reservoirs for use next summer when the temperatures climb into the upper 90’s or higher. The impact of the melted snow reaches far away from the foothills of the Sierras onto the desert valleys and beyond.
As my mind wandered it made me think of how we as writers impact people everywhere.  Our words have the ability to reach around the world with the invention of the internet.  One blog such as this can be seen in Korea, India, England, or our own back yard. A book can be a healing balm, its message touching someone’s hurting soul.

It sobers me to think of the masses we can reach with a single word or sentence, for good and evil.

I leave you with Ps 19:14, more as a reminder for myself than for you.  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment