Pet Peeves and My Morning Commute


 
This morning on my way to work I was considering a possible subject for this upcoming blog.  My commute is an easy one where the last ten miles is a four lane highway with the speed limit of 65.  It can be a pleasant trip with views of the mountains on one side and cattle ranches on the other, their fields dotted with cows and horses.
However, my usually peaceful drive was being hindered by someone in the passing lane matching the speed of the person in the right hand lane.  The two cars running along parallel with each other created a line of cars jockeying for position behind them.  The cars in back bunched closer, leaving no room for error by anyone. It made my morning commute resemble that of the Indy 500 race.
The cars finally moved, but not without a few shouts their direction by others…including me, I’m ashamed to say.

What is your pet peeve?

4 comments:

  1. That's one of mine. lol. Another one is when someone is in such a hurry they pull out in front of me--usually almost clipping my fender, then they slow down.
    Or...
    The driver sits at a stop sign waiting for a car that's half a mile away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pet peeve was my car battery totally dying today, but thankfully dying in our little farm town near help instead of 3 miles away at our farm w/ no help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Pat. I know what you mean. I like to leave a little extra room between me and the car in front of me. But somebody always seems to want that space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee, I'm glad to hear you were in a location to receive help. Being stranded is no fun! It goes beyond the term "pet peeve"!

    ReplyDelete