Thank You to our Heroes

A photo of the blaze in Yosemite.
 
For the past several days I have watched in shock as a wildfire has disseminated hundreds of thousands of acres in and around Yosemite National Park. Firefighters from all across this country have arrived on the scene trying to put out the flames that lick across inaccessible terrain along the Sierra Nevada mountain range. This is no small blaze.  I live nearly one-hundred-and-fifty miles from the blaze and have been breathing in the smoke and dust that have channeled into our small valley.
It made me think of how fortunate we are to have heroes around us. Individuals willing to give up their lives for our safety and our well-being.
Armed Forces – Thank you to all the men and women who serve our country and protect our borders.  I can sleep at night because you are there, sacrificing your lives for us.
Fireman – Thank you for your efforts to protect our homes, our livelihoods, and our parks.
Policemen – There have been those few times that I have received a ticket and I’d be honest in saying you aren’t my most favorite person.  But I thank you for protecting us, and putting your lives on the line to do so.

Thank you to each and every one of my Heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment